Last month's recall of all-new '02 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy and Oldsmobile Bravada midsize sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) took some wind out of General Motors Corp.'s sails during April, says Paul Ballew, executive director-Market and Industry Analysis. A similarly timed recall of DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s new minivans affected a month's production, but sales still increased 6%, says Gary Dilts, vice president-sales. Last month, GM recalled 6,000 of the GMT360 SUVs due to defective ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Recall Curbs GM SUV Sales Momentum" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.