More than twice as many light vehicles have been recalled in 2009 than 2008, with two campaigns accounting for nearly half of this year’s total, according to preliminary government data. A Ward’s analysis of National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. recall notifications through mid-December shows U.S.-market auto makers initiated 105 campaigns affecting 18.4 million vehicles this year. In 2008, there were 101 recalls with implications for 7.7 million vehicles. For the first time, Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Recalled Vehicles More Than Double in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.