With excess capacity and its losses continuing to mount, Ford Motor Co. Chief Financial Officer Henry Wallace says plant closures in Europe remain a “possibility” for the automaker. “It's a possibility, yes,” Mr. Wallace says in response to whether Ford would close European plants. Europe's auto industry overall has up to 6 million units in overcapacity, he says. Mr. Wallace would not disclose which plants Ford may close. “It is clear we have excess capacity,” Mr. Wallace told reporters ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Record Earnings for Ford; Plants May Close" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.