U.S. light vehicle sales ended the best first half in history with record June sales, marking 21 of the last 22 months in which deliveries outdid the same year-ago period. There was no letup in large sport/utility vehicle (SUV) sales despite higher pump prices, but large pickups did decline for a second consecutive month — the first time that's happened since February 1998. Market share for cars increased to 52.1% in June compared to like-1999's 51.9%, the first time since January that car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Record U.S. Sales in June Cap Off Best First Six Months in History" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.