Mitsubishi Motors Corp. freshens up its U.S. lineup with two, redesigned '01 models: the Montero and the Eclipse Spyder. The struggling Japanese automaker is hanging its hopes of a financial turnaround on growth in the booming North American market. With the third-generation Montero, the first redesign since 1992, Mitsubishi has followed industry trends and created a more refined vehicle, emphasizing luxury appointments. But the three-row full size sport/utility vehicle (SUV) keeps its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Redesign for '01 Montero, Eclipse Spyder" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.