Offering loaners or rental cars when vehicles are being serviced can help dealers increase customer satisfaction but can be a drain on the bottom line unless managed properly. The biggest danger for dealers is increased exposure to insurance and legal liability if the driver isn’t properly licensed and insured. Five percent of all dealership losses involve customer loaner and rentals, according to Dave Cameron, risk manager-national accounts for Federated Mutual Insurance Company. “Some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reducing Insurance Risks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642