Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) suggests U.S. lawmakers will not reach a bipartisan bill today over a $15 billion loan package to the Detroit Three, but promises to rescue the auto makers in the coming days. “We are going to complete this legislation,” Reid tells the Senate during an afternoon session today, broadcast on C-SPAN. “It may mean we’ll need to work this weekend.” Lawmakers want to get Detroit’s auto makers at least $15 billion before the end of the year, when General ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reid Says Washington May Need Weekend to Finalize Auto Loans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.