BUCHAREST — Automobile Dacia SA has an enviable position in Romania. The automaker holds 73.4% of the country's market share. There is no other European country where one brand captivates the market so thoroughly. Old and new Dacias dominate the streets here. Renault SA boss Louis Schweitzer hopes things will stay that way for a long time now that Renault controls 51% of Dacia. But Daewoo Automobile Romania SA, Romania's other automaker, would like to see it's own share of the market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault bets success on Romania's Dacia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.