SAO PAULO – Renault SA’s plans to invest in a series of new models to expand its presence in Brazil is welcome news for its local operations here. Pierre Poupel, president of Renault in Brazil, says there has been “a high level of frustration” in the Brazilian company’s results. “Without investments in new products, it is very hard to win market share,” he says. The French auto maker currently produces the Clio, Scenic and Master van here. Its passenger-car sales in Brazil in 2005 fell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault to Boost Brazil Market Share With Aggressive Product Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.