PARIS – Renault SA is planning for a 20% drop in the West European car market in 2009, cutting production and encouraging early retirements. “Since World War II, the automobile industry has never seen anything like this,” Renault Chief Operating Officer Patrick Pelata says in an interview with French newspaper Le Parisien. The European countries that use the euro currency have plunged into recession following two straight quarters of reduced economic activity in Germany, Italy and Spain. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Bracing for Big Downturn in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.