MADRID – Renault SA reveals it will produce a small electric car at its plant in Valladolid beginning in 2011. The electric vehicle is one of three new projects for the plant, some 124 miles (200 km) northwest of here, including planned production of an ultra-low-emission engine beginning in 2012 and output of a new conventionally powered car in 2013. “And we are going to maintain the current production of different versions of the Megane model,” Renault Spain CEO Jean-Pierre Laurent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault to Build EV, Conventional Car in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.