SAO PAULO — Even though the market is showing only slight signs of improvement, Renault SA says it will build a light commercial vehicle (LCV) plant in Brazil. It will be the company's third new Brazilian plant in a year. The automaker will invest US$100 million in the new facility, which will be built in Sao Jose dos Pinhais and will employ 400 to 500 people. It is expected to open by the end of next year and will have a 50,000-unit capacity. At startup, it will assemble Master vans at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault to build LCV plant in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.