VALLODALID, Spain – Renault SA’s engine factory here builds its 12 millionth engine since start of production in 1964. Going forward, the plant should add more than 1 million units to that tally every year, Renault officials say. Renault Clio uses Spanish-built engines. The Valladolid plant builds Renault’s modern K9 1.5L diesel engine with common rail technology and the K4 multivalve gasoline engine displacing 1.4L and 1.6L. The diesel engine, offering power ratings of 65 hp, 80 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Builds 12 Millionth Engine in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.