PARIS – Renault SA says it gained global market share in 2008, as its sales fell only 4.2% against an industry-wide decline of 4.8%. The Renault Group delivered 2,381,476 vehicles during the year, down from 2,485,042 in 2007. Sales fell in all major markets, but Renault managed an annual increase in Latin America and Asia-Africa. The Renault and Samsung brands both lost ground, but Dacia SA sales grew 11.7% during the year. Dacia, based in Romania, sold 257,594 units in 2008. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Confident of Maintaining Share Growth in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.