SAO PAULO – Renault SA may build a new car in Brazil that is under development in France, says Pierre Poupel, president of Renault in Brazil. Poupel made the announcement during a recent visit with Luiz Fernando Furlan, Brazil’s minister of industry and commerce. The French auto maker will make a final decision within two months, he says. Other countries in the running are Spain and Mexico. Investment in the new model is estimated at $100 million-$150 million. Industry observers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Considers Building New Model in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.