MADRID – Renault SA will eliminate the third shift at its Villamuriel de Cerrato plant near Palencia, resulting in the idling of 400 temporary workers. “We need to avoid inventories increasing, and the way to do it is by reducing the production cadence,” says a spokesman for Renault in Spain. The Palencia facility has been running on three shifts since September 2007, as production was increased in preparation for the launch of the new Megane the following July. At the time, Renault ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Drops Third Shift at Palencia Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.