Renault SA marks production of its 15 millionth transmission – a JH3 105 unit earmarked for the Megane – at its Sevilla, Spain, plant, as it readies for the launch of a new unit that will increase capacity 70%. The Sevilla plant kicked off production in 1958, manufacturing its first gearbox for the Renault Dauphine. Output totaled 1,000 units that year. The plant topped the 5 million mark in 1987 and built its 10 millionth transmission in 1997. Currently, Sevilla manufactures 728,758 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Hits Milestone at Gearbox Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.