MADRID – Renault SA launches production of its new Megane RS at its Palencia plant, located about 150 miles (241 km) from here. The sport model, a member of the Megane family’s third generation, is being assembled on the same line as the hatchback, coupe and estate versions of the car. Renault invested in new tooling at the plant to accommodate production of the 3-door RS, mainly for specific body components such as the rear wing; engine subframe; seats; wheels; and exhaust system. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Launches Megane Sport Production in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.