PARIS – With Renault SA’s decision to produce an electric vehicle based on the Twizy concept car in Spain, automotive history is made. The 2-seater, fore-and-aft-car segment officially will be born in 2011, just four years after the French company Lumeneo SA introduced its Smera electric car in the back room of the Geneva auto show. The Smera will reach the market first, but the baton for volume industrialization of fore-and-aft seating has been passed to major auto makers. Renault, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Launches New Car Segment With Twizy Fore-And-Aft 2-Seater" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.