MADRID – Renault SA reduces output of its Modus multi-purpose vehicle to just 700 daily at its plant near Valladolid, Spain. Last May, Renault reduced output at the plant to two shifts, lowering production of the Modus to 900 daily. Modus sales fail to meet expectations. The latest reduction is in direct response to lower sales of the Modus. Analysts speculate the sluggish demand is a result of the high price Renault set for the Modus in an attempt to avoid cannibalization of its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Lowers Modus Output on Weak Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.