LISBON – A week before sales of the new Modus supermini monospace, or microvan, began Sept. 6, French Renault dealers already had placed orders for 15,000 units – including 10% of which were customer orders. That is better than expected, says Renault SA, and is similar to the volume of orders placed for the Megane II a week before it went on sale last year. Modus is based on Renault-Nissan’s Platform B. The Modus will cannibalize sales of the current and future Clio by about 5%, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Modus Off to Fast Start" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.