PARIS – Renault SA says it plans to invest €230 million ($247 million) in Russia to produce a version of Automobile Dacia SA's €5,000 ($5,509) car in 2005. The investment reportedly is the largest in Russia by a foreign auto maker. The Dacia €5,000 car has been in the planning stage for some time. "We haven't decided yet whether we will sell the car as a Renault or as a Dacia," a company spokesman says. "We will do marketing studies before we decide" (see related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Mulls Whether to Brand Upcoming Russian Car a Dacia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.