PARIS – Bajaj Auto Ltd. and the Renault Nissan Alliance likely will build a $3,000 car in India together, but no accord yet has been reached. Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault SA and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., visited Bajaj’s Chakan plant this week as part of a trip to India to sign a light-commercial vehicle deal between Nissan and Ashok Leyland Ltd. However, the stamp of approval on the venture is not expected until late this year. “We couldn’t have an agreement without visiting the factory and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault-Nissan Still Pushing Indian Small-Car Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.