Renault SA signs a memorandum of understanding to purchase the 38% stake in Moroccan auto maker Somaca owned by the Moroccan government. Renault agrees to acquire 26% of the equity stake by September, with the remaining 12% to be acquired by the end of October 2005. Once the acquisition is completed, Renault and its subsidiary Renault Maroc – which currently holds an 8% stake in Somaca – jointly will control 46% of the company. Other main shareholders in Somaca are Fiat Auto SpA and PSA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Purchases Moroccan Stake in Somaca" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.