PARIS – Renault SA will install production capacity in China before 2010, and the brand probably will return to the U.S. sometime after that. "Clearly, between now and 2010, Renault will be present in China as a manufacturer of passenger cars and, perhaps, of utility vehicles," says Renault Chairman and CEO Louis Schweitzer in an interview on Europe 1 radio. "We imagine that we will rely on Nissan." Any return to the U.S. also would rely on Nissan, which has two U.S. manufacturing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Readies Production Plans for China; U.S. to Follow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.