GENEVA — Employees may be cut, suppliers consolidated and a popular model killed off, but Dacia Automobile S.A. will be better positioned to survive in the shrinking global automotive arena, French automaker Renault SA says on the eve of its purchase of 51% of the Romanian automaker. “Dacia has no future as an independent automaker,” says Georges Douin, Renault's executive vice president in charge of strategic and product planning, international operations. “It lacks the products, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault to renew Romania's Dacia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.