MUMBAI – Renault is reentering the Indian market, ending a 2-year absence with the launch this week of its new Fluence premium luxury sedan. The French auto maker is reversing the typical pricing model with the Fluence, offering the diesel version at a lower base price than the gasoline-powered car. At the entry end is the Rs1.29 million ($28,900) diesel version, which features a 1.5L 105-hp 4-cyl. developing 177 lb.-ft. (240 Nm) of torque and rated at 51 mpg (4.6 L/100 km). The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Resurfaces in India With Ambitious Plans, Aggressive Prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.