PARIS â€“ Renault SA is developing a lithium-ion electric sedan for Israel that it expects to sell in volumes of 10,000 or 20,000 annually beginning in 2011. â€śThis isnâ€™t an experiment,â€ť Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn says. â€śIt is the beginning of mass production of electric vehicles.â€ť Israel presents a particular case that permits Renault to expect to succeed where General Motors Corp. failed in California in the 1990s. The clear goal is to avoid oil. â€śOil is the greatest polluter,â€ť Israeli ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renaultâ€™s EV Plans for Israel No Experiment, Ghosn Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.