Renault Samsung Motors Corp. is set to launch a revamped version of its SM-5 midsize sedan, marking the first redesign and major upgrade of the vehicle since it was first introduced in South Korea in 1998. The SM-5 is a derivative of the same Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. platform used to produce the Nissan Teana and Renault Samsung's SM-7 luxury sedan. The new model is powered by a 2.0L 4-cyl. SR II (DOHC) engine that develops 140 hp at 5,800 rpm. SM-5 packed with safety features. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Samsung Unveils New SM-5" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.