PARIS – Renault SA is bringing production of an older model back to France. The Clio II, which essentially was replaced by the Clio III last year, has been kept alive as a lower-priced entry level model called the Clio Campus in Western Europe, produced in Renault’s Slovenian factory of Novo Mesto. The move back to the Flins factory will add 400 jobs there, Renault says. Jobs will be offered to workers at other Renault plants where production is falling. When France loaned €3 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Says Plan to Shift Clio II Output Not Political Move" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.