PARIS — Renault SA agrees to sell its 50% stake in Irisbus (see WAI — April '01, p.4) to its partner, Fiat SpA truck-subsidiary Iveco. The purchase is a coup for Iveco, which is a moderately successful truckmaker, whereas Irisbus is the most profitable of the European bus operations, with a margin of more than 4% and sales of around E1 billion (US$890.2 million) annually. Additionally, Irisbus is gambling on establishing a North American operation, beginning in Las Vegas. Renault will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault sells stake in Irisbus to Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.