PARIS – The Iranian government has won a diplomatic victory in its negotiations with French auto maker Renault SA over a joint venture project to build the entry level Renault Logan small car in Iran. Minister of Industry and Mines Ali-Reza Tahmasebi suspended the project between Renault and government-owned auto makers Iran Khodro Co. and the Saipa Group on April 18. At issue was Renault’s objection to exporting 20% of the Iranian output, because it would have no control over obstacles, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Signs Contested Logan Deal With Iran" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.