VIENNA – Renault SA’s best seller in some East European countries last year turned out to be a Turkish-built car, exceeding all the French car maker’s expectations. Now Renault hopes to repeat the story with a new, affordable car built by Automobile Dacia SA in Romania, to be launched in 2004. Production of the original Turkish-built Renault Clio Symbol sedan, based on the Renault Clio, began in 1999. The car also is produced in some South American countries. Renault Clio Symbol ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Uses Turkey, Romania as Export Bases for Emerging Markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.