Scenic also may see assembly in Malaysia. Renault SA will assemble vehicles in Malaysia beginning 2004 through local firm TC Euro Cars Sdn Bhd, which plans to invest 40 million Malaysian ringitt ($14.66 million) in the program. Datuk Tan Heng Chew, executive deputy chairman of TCEC parent company Tan Chong Motor Holdings Bhd, says commercial production and sales of completely knocked-down units of the Renault Kangoo is expected to begin in fourth-quarter 2004. "We hope to sell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renaults to Be Assembled in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.