TOKYO — Industry analysts here acknowledge that Renault SA is quite serious about a deal with Samsung Motors Inc., but they are puzzled over which car the French automaker would chose to build. They also are stymied to explain why the French automaker would want to take on more debt following its purchase of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. last year. But Renault Chairman Louis Schweitzer last month said he only wants to buy the car company's assets, not the company (see WAI Update — Dec. '99, p.1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault's pursuit of Samsung puzzles auto analysts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.