Proton Holdings Bhd says it is in new talks regarding a strategic partnership, and while it declines to name the other party, Malaysia’s The Star newspaper reports it’s Volkswagen AG. Proton Managing Director Zainal Tahir tells reporters the discussion is ongoing. In April, Tahir raised speculation of a merger between Proton and rival national car maker Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua), with a call for the domestic auto industry to consolidate in preparation for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renewed Speculation Over Possible Proton, VW Tie-Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.