PARIS – Details of the Renault SA-Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.-Daimler AG cooperative are reaching the public, but without confirmation from the three auto makers. A striking report in the Japanese magazine Best Car says the next Infiniti M and G sedans will be based on the Mercedes-Benz E-Class platform. Infiniti, launched by Nissan in 1989 in the U.S., has struggled to impose itself on global markets, while the E-Class is one of the best-established models in the segment. “Turbo,” a French ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reports: Daimler to Share E-Class With Infiniti, Get Upcoming Renault 1.6L Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.