DaimlerChrysler AG is making a second reversal in its Asian strategy by deciding to sell its nearly $1 billion stake in South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., which it purchased in 2000. Reports in the Financial Times and Reuters say the German auto maker plans to sell its 10.5% stake, valued at $940 million, through a block sale. Neither auto maker has made an official statement confirming the move, both saying only that negotiations regarding the future of the alliance are continuing. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reports: DC to Sell Stake in Hyundai" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.