A Malaysian government official claims General Motors Corp. has expressed an interest in troubled national car maker Proton Holdings Bhd. Malaysian Second Finance Minister Mohamed Yakcop also says separate talks continue with Volkswagen AG and PSA Peugeot Citroen over the 43% stake in Proton, held by the governmentâ€™s state investment arm, Khazanah Nasional. GM said in November 2000 it was in talks with Proton about forming an alliance in Malaysia, Bloomberg has reported, but the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Reports Say GM Has Interest in Malaysiaâ€™sÂ Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.