Count the Center for Automotive Research among skeptics over near-term reductions in the sky-high cost of lithium-ion battery technology for electrified vehicles. The think tank also believes expensive federal regulations coming in the next few years pose a risk to vehicle sales, production and manufacturing employment. Total Additional Retail Price for CAFE and Mandated Safety: 2025 2025MPG CAFE 2025 Cost Safety Cost Total Additional Retail Price 41.7 $4,190 $1,500 $5,690 49.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Researcher Sees Sustained High Battery Costs; Regulations Risk Sales, Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.