They are eyewitnesses to the auto industry’s greatest triumphs – those miraculous moments when a vehicle design preserves life in the face of certain, horrible death. Their catch-all designation is “emergency responder.” And when violent collisions leave motorists trapped, they are tasked with shredding the vehicles so painstakingly shaped by automotive engineers. Extrication, they call it. Depending on the jurisdiction, they may be paramedics. They may be police officers. Most often ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Restraint Systems Hamper Life-Saving Efforts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.