The Ford Retired Engineering Executives (F.R.E.E.) donates a historic marker at Ford Motor Co.’s historic Piquette Avenue Plant. The 400-member group was to gather at the site, which is known as the home of the Model T, for a May 27 ceremony. The plant opened in 1905 and closed five years later due to overwhelming demand for the Model T, forcing Ford to construct a larger Highland Park Plant. About 50,000 units were assembled at Piquette from 1905-1910, vs. 70,000 units in Highland ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Retired Ford Execs Donate Piquette Plaque" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.