PARIS â€“ Boosted by the Lego-like Citroen C3 Pluriel, European convertible sales rose 14% last year to 2.2% of the market. While convertible sales in North America declined, they have risen substantially in Europe thanks principally to the folding hardtop. "The coupe convertibles are taking market share from soft-tops and from coupes," says Jean-Michel Prillieux, an analyst with French consulting company Mavel SA. Citroen C3 Pluriel He projects convertibles will take 2.7% of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Retractable Hardtop Technology Powers Europeâ€™s Growing Convertible Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.