ALLISTON, Ont., Canada – Despite being the first production plant to build Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s light truck products, the addition of the Ridgeline sport/utility compact pickup truck to Honda of Canada Mfg.'s vehicle assembly plant here presented special challenges. To start with, Honda had never built a vehicle as large as the Ridgeline. “It's the biggest vehicle Honda has made to date anywhere in the world,” says Don Gallagher, senior technical staff-new model department. “If you ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ridgeline Poses New Challenges for Alliston" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.