LONDON – With new-age amphibian vehicles the current rage in Europe, Swiss engineering company Rinspeed recently unveiled its own unique spin on amphibian design: The Rinspeed Splash, an open sports car that converts to a hydrofoil watercraft, which skims nearly 2 ft. (60 cm) over the water at 50 mph (80 km/h). Rinspeed Splash The hydrofoil design eliminates the problem of drag in the water from road wheels and body protrusions – the road-going equipment is raised clear of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rinspeed Shows Amphibian Car With Hydrofoils" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.