MADRID ‚Äď Car sales dropped 38.7% here last month, marking the worst May tally in the last 25 years and signaling it will take at least another 30 days before it is clear whether the 2000E Plan launched by the Spanish government May 18 will have much positive impact on demand. The chaotic implementation of the 2000E Plan is being blamed for the continued weak car sales last month. When announced by the Spanish government, the incentive program, named for the E2,000 ($2,841) in direct aid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rocky Start to Spain‚Äôs Sales Incentive Dulls Impact in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.