TRAVERSE CITY, MI – It was four years ago here at the Management Briefing Seminars that Dana Corp. got to brag about its "rolling chassis" for the Dodge Dakota pickup. Dana was launching the rolling chassis at its plant in Campo Largo in southern Brazil, where the supplier assembled frames and then installed axles, wheels, brakes and even the powertrain before shipping it to the DaimlerChrysler Corp. plant, where vehicle assembly was completed. The rolling chassis was held up as a shining ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rolling Chassis Plant Revived" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.