VIENNA – Automobile Dacia SA, the Romanian car manufacturer owned 99.3% by Renault SA, has begun shipment of 65-hp 1.9L diesel engines to Renault. Dacia makes Renault’s F8Q diesel engine for use in its Dacia Solenza cars and Dacia 1305/1307 pickup trucks. Now the Romanian engines will be installed in the Renault Kangoo and its Kangoo Express commercial vehicle version. Dacia currently is shipping some 200 engines per week to Renault.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Romanian-Made Engines for Renault Kangoo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.