A revolutionary British-designed engine that replaces standard poppet valves with a rotary cylinder is in line for production by the second half of 2006. The unique rotary cylinder engine, unveiled earlier this year, will be manufactured by Motive Power Industry Ltd. (MPI) as a 125-cc unit for scooters and small ATVs. Vehicles powered by the new engine will be sold in the U.S. and Europe under the PGO brand name. (See related story: Rotary Cylinder Simplifies 4-Stroke Engine, Eliminates ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rotary-Cylinder 4-Stroke Slated for Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.