United Auto Workers union members of Rouge Industries Inc. of Dearborn reportedly have ratified a new contract with Russian steelmaker OAO Severstal that could lead to 500 job cuts. A UAW Local 600 official says 1,207 of the 2,000 Rouge workers it represents approved the contract. Had the new contract been defeated it would have jeopardized Severstal’s proposed $285.5 million bid for Rouge and its related assets. Severstal now will take over operations at Rouge Feb. 2. The new contract ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rouge Workers OK Severstal Contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.